Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Running ragged

I feel like a chicken with it’s head cut off, except I can see where I’m going and I’m powerless to stop myself. My students have been driving me up the wall lately. I’m convinced that they have been inhabited by the devil to torment me and keep me from fulfilling God’s will for my life (that or it’s puberty). Either way you look at it they are wild and crazy kids (and it’s way less fun than that old Nickelodeon show). I’m also troubled by the things that I’m forgetting to do these days. I’m concerned that knitting is filling a scary void in my life. I’ll forget to grade papers or call a parent, but I always make time for my knitting. I think I’m going to have to start making lists of things I must do every day and not knit until they are all complete. I now fantasize about winning the lotto so I could knit to my heart’s content and never have to work again. I’d buy that book, Knitting for Peace, and knit to help organizations all around the world.

To switch gears, as I often do, someone called me the knitting queen this weekend. In fact, I think it was a former queen of Atlantia (back to the SCA game again…confused? Read the previous blog) which makes it pretty special. Anyway, I’m typing this blog on a word document instead of babysitting my students in the computer lab, so I should go. You’d think they could handle word processing, but alas that’s what I get for thinking.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, you have to prioritize your knitting...it sucks but it's true, and the newness will wear off soon enough and you'll realize the thigns that you must make time for.
On another note, don't forget my new blog address I won't be posting on the old one any more.

Love you!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Yes, beware of the dreams where you are knitting! I have had them often, and wake up feeling like I should have an FO in my basket near the chair, but no!

Unknown said...

You need to post photos of your sock yarn that you bought and the progress on the projects that you're currently working on...people love pictures.