Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I've been told that blog-readers enjoy looking at pictures, so in light of this news I went a little picture crazy this afternoon. I was sitting on the couch, watching Two Weeks Notice with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock when I looked around at my half-knitting projects and nifty knitting baggery and thought I should share it all. This is my new knitting container. As of right now it holds all of my knitting goodies. It zips and velcros AND has my name embroidered on the top. It makes me happy.










Next in line we have my Vera Bradley bags that were never meant to hold knitting supplies, but that do it surprisingly well. The travel bag holds all my needles and larger supplies with ease.
It zips 3/4 of the way around and has a netted zip at the top where I keep my circulars and smaller straights (in a seperate case). You see my larger needles at the bottom with other tools too big for tiny spaces, but too small to float around the big tote. There is also a handle on this bag, so toss in a few balls of yarn and it's on the go with you. I keep my smaller straight needles zipped with the circulars in this (which is made to hold curling irons, but does a great job with the needles).










The last Vera item is this tiny case meant to hold jewelry.It's super small, so easy to throw into a purse. There's small pockets throughout and a pull-out section with 3 zipped sections. My point covers, needles, stitch markers, and other small items hang out in this bag. It's the most versatile of my collection. Now on to what has happened to that "interesting" yarn I purchased. Below you fill find it laid out on the fabric I bought to line the purse (that's what it is) for my sister (left). The one on the right is my purse, or hat as the mood strikes me.



This last piece is seen drying on the counter of my kitchen being shaped by a cake pan. It's my mother-in-law's Christmas gift...my first felted item (a purse). Picture it with sewn on leather straps and a magnetic close. I'm proud! Now, back to my laundry and paper grading on this "lazy" Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Photos!!!! I lvoe them all, especially the one below of you knitting at the zoo. "Knitter in her natural habitat!"

I love you...stop by my blog sometime, you never say hi, it makes me sad :(

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, if this is lazy for you, then I hate to see what you're like when you're productive! ha ha...