Monday, November 12, 2007

The Southern Christmas Show

I have still not made it to a real yarn store yet. I will admit that I am a bit intimidated. I know that I am still a baby knitter and live in a paranoid fear that those who are more experienced than I will laugh at my attempts. I am learning that that attitude is not typical of any knitter I have yet to meet, but it's still a little scary to enter the world of knitting without a tour guid. Well, I went to the Southern Christmas Show in Charlotte, NC yesterday. I was hoping for yarnage of some sort since it's a crafty type thing, but I wasn't expecting any. Well, there was yarn. I was so excited. I spent LOTS of money on my first skein of 100% merino wool




and two skeins of wool, mohair, silk blend.



















My little sister picked out some of the random stuff below for her Christmas present (I'm making her a purse). I'm working on it right now with some awesome size 19 circular needles and the project is flying by. If you are interested in the stuff check out http://www.thebaggirl.com/.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That merino is to die for! It's all really fun, but I'm in a purple rut, it's fabulous! And the "interesting" stuff is really...interesting. I can't wait to see pics of what you make of everything.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you got some great stuff there! Don't let anyone intimidate you or your knitting skills. And, if you end up going to a yarn store that makes you feel that way, then turn around and walk out. They aren't worth your money.